Taking good news to every young person in Bath
Young Leaders Scheme
NEW Flyer for 2012-13 YLS. Download here and either pass to the Bath YFC youth worker you know or send in to the Bath YFC office.
Empowerment is one of the Bath YFC values and we believe in helping young people achieve their potential. Our vision is to see more young people leading. The YLS is for young people aged 15-18 who have expressed an interest in youth work, leadership and developing skills within a youth work context.
The aim of the YLS is to encourage, equip and empower young people to lead so that they will:
• Have opportunities to lead within the work of Bath YFC
• Grow in self confidence
• Develop as young leaders
• Gain new skills
The programme is for young people of faith or no faith. However if the young people have a faith then the YLS will be a great course for helping them move forward in their discipleship journey as it will help young people consider how they put their faith into action.
If you interested in the scheme then there is more information below. Please also feel free to contact James at the Bath YFC office.
Support, Reward and recognition through YLS
• Induction to role by Bath YFC staff worker to go through role description and give time for questions
• Brief informal ᰲogress chat⠢etween Bath YFC staff worker and young person each term
• Basic youth work training
• Three reflective gatherings of all young leaders
• Certificate awarded to young leadersl
• Celebration meal for all young leaders
• Bath YFC YLS Hoodie
YLS Key information
• Consent - Young people will need to have parental/guardian consent to join the YLS
• Commitment 栙oung people will be expected to commit to the programme, the placement and the meetings to reflect as a group
• Placement 栁ll young leaders will need to be placed within a project
• Training 校ll Young leaders must complete the basic Bath YFC youth work training delivered in early 2011
• Discipleship 栦or some of the young leaders the YLS will be an opportunity to reflect on their faith and how it impacts their lives.
"More Young People Leading"