Bath Youth for Christ currently supports the delivery of open youth spaces providing young people with a safe social space to hang out with friends with space to relax and activities to enjoy. Those activities could include such things as games and group activities, a games console, pool table, air hockey and table tennis.
Our current provision includes:
- A new club in Odd Down – Starting in early 2019 a new youth club for 9-13 year olds in Odd Down from 4-6pm at Odd Down Youth Centre. Find out more by clicking here to email us.
- Go Bananas – an after school club run in Batheaston for young people in key stage 2 at primary school. If you would like to find out more for your child then please email us by clicking here.
Open youth spaces will have opportunities to learn new skills. This could include things like cooking and gardening as well as art workshops and sports activities. Furthermore, the experienced and trained staff are always there to be a listening ear and talk through different issues faced by young people.
Values that underpin each open youth space include:
- A warm welcome
- Social space just to chill out
- A listening ear and advice if young people want it
- A space to have fun with friends
- Young people involved in making decisions about what their youth cafe looks like
Would you like to have an open youth space in your community?
If you are interested in setting up a place for young people to come and hang out, Bath Youth for Christ is happy to help. Whether you are a local community group or local church, we can help with the planning, training of volunteers and putting the right policies and processes in place. For more information call the Bath Youth for Christ office.